Friday, March 15, 2013

Mixed Media Beads, Finished Necklace

I am having so much fun with my new mixed media beads!

Here is a finished necklace that will be described in my next tutorial.  The tutorial is almost finished, too!

I am including three different types of mixed media beads in this tutorial:  the first one is when polymer clay clay plays only a structural role and cannot be seen in the finished bead, the second one is when polymer clay is used in design as well, and it is textured, and the third one is when polymer clay canes are used in the design. 

The bead with the canes is used in this necklace.  In the tutorial, I will explain how to make the cane, how to construct the bead, and how to put it all together into a necklace.

As always, I am trying to describe a technique, a general approach rather than a particular project.  The projects in my tutorials (including this new one) are just examples of what can be done with the approach I am explaining. 

In case of the mixed media beads, the number of designs and variations that can be made is simply endless.

I hope to finish the tutorial before weekend, but I cannot promise.  Too much is going on in my life that distracts me from polymer clay...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...